If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website.
Our Charity of the Year
Voices are delighted to have been chosen as Charity of the Year. Ursula Lindenberg, Director, said:
“Having the support of Bath Building Society through the coming year is a huge boost for Voices and a much-appreciated opportunity to build community support for people impacted by domestic abuse, who are working hard to rebuild their lives and those of their children.
At Voices we help change lives through trauma informed recovery services that recognise individuals and families have multiple needs after abuse. Voices is led by women with lived experience of domestic abuse, who have designed this holistic response. We consult and share our knowledge and experience with researchers and policy makers to influence decisions that challenge domestic abuse wherever it occurs.”
What Voices do:
- Provide community-based recovery and empowerment programmes for women with experience of domestic abuse: The Freedom Programme and MATES Social Group.
- Provide a therapeutic and welcoming space for survivors to meet and support one another.
- Provide 1 to 1 advice and counselling.
- Offer bespoke training and consultation based on survivor insights, to professionals and organisations.
- Raise awareness of the nature and impacts of domestic abuse, and of the needs of survivors and their families.
Find out more here.