Key Product Information
What is the interest rate?
- £1+ 2.50% AER.
- Interest is calculated on a daily basis and will be credited to the account annually on 31st December.
Can Bath Building Society change the interest rate?
- The interest rate is variable, which means we may change it to respond to changes in the Bank of England base rate or changes in law, to meet regulatory requirements, or to respond to changes in codes of practice or changes in our costs.
- We will give you 30 days’ notice in writing before any reduction to the rate is applied.
- Full details of the reasons why we may change your interest rate can be found in the Terms & Conditions.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
- Based on the current rate of interest, if you deposited £1,000 in this account, after 12 months you would have £1,025.00.
- This figure is only an estimate, based on there being no additional deposits, withdrawals or rate changes in that time with all interest being added to your account. This figure is for illustrative purposes only.
How do I open and manage my account?
To open an account, simply apply online below or pop in to any Branch or Agency.
- Available for UK residents only under the age of 18.
- Minimum opening balance £1.
- Open and operate an account online via Bath Online or visit one of our Branches or Agencies.
- Account holders can also operate their account by post.
- Customers are only allowed to pay in up to the maximum annual allowance each year. The annual JISA allowance for 2021/2022 is £9,000.00.
- A passbook is issued with this account.
- We will ask to see identification for the child when they reach the age of 18.
Can I withdraw money?
- No withdrawals are allowed before the child’s 18th birthday.
- Account holders will be written to at least one month prior to their 18th birthday as a reminder. In the absence of alternative instructions, on their 18th birthday, the account will automatically be deemed to be an “adult” ISA, and will transfer to an Instant ISA account. Details of the current terms and conditions and interest rate will be provided at that time.
- JISAs are long-term tax-free savings for children, to be opened, operated, and managed by a parent or legal guardian who will be known as the registered contact. The account will be held in the child’s name.
- Anyone can contribute to the JISA until the child reaches the age of 18, when the operation of the fund will be taken over by the child.
- The JISA will have the same tax benefits as the adult Cash ISA, which means that there will be no capital gains tax liability and no further tax on income from the JISA. Tax rules may be liable to change over time and the benefits to your child depend on their individual circumstances.
- Only one JISA can be held by a customer at any time, and all funds must be held with one provider only. Funds can be transferred between JISA providers.
- Customers between the ages of 16 and 18 can contribute to either their JISA or General ISA only, in any financial year.
- This account can be withdrawn from availability to new customers by Bath Building Society at any time and without notice. This is a summary of the key features of the account.