If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website.
Seven Ways a Power of Attorney can give you Financial Peace of Mind
Implementing a Power of Attorney now can benefit your finances and your family. To find out more about the different types of Power Attorney available read our simple guide.
- Setting up a Power of Attorney will allow you to choose who will manage your affairs.
- It will avoid the need for the Court of Protection to appoint a Deputy on your behalf.
- It will allow the Attorney to talk and act with other agencies such as your Bank or Building Society on your behalf.
- It can protect friends and family who wish to help you manage your affairs from claims of financial abuse.
- It gives you an opportunity to discuss with your family your wishes for how your finances should be managed if anything were to happen to you.
- A registered Lasting Power of Attorney allows you to still manage your affairs alongside your appointed Attorney.
- Advanced planning will give you and your family peace of mind that should anything happen your wishes have been clearly stated.
To find out more about setting up a Power of Attorney please call our Customer Services Team on 01225 423271. Alternatively, you can contact the Office of the Public Guardian on 0300 456 0300 or speak to your solicitor.
The information given in this guide is based on Bath Building Society’s understanding of Power of Attorney as at March 2015, which may change in future. It does not constitute a recommendation and individuals are advised to seek professional independent advice.