Business Analyst – permanent, salary £30,000 per annum.
This is a great opportunity to join Bath Building Society’s growing Business Change team. Supporting the Society to deliver a number of projects over the coming years. The role is based between our Queen Square head office and home working. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to manage their own working pattern between home and office working subject to any core business requirements to be agreed with the Senior Business Analyst and Head of IT and Business Change.
Reporting to the Senior Business Analyst as part of the Business Change team, the Business Analyst role purpose is to support the Society in implementing change in a robust and efficient way by determining the requirements of a proposed change, and supporting the assessment, communication and delivery of those requirements working alongside project teams and business stakeholders.
Managing business requirements from initiation through to delivery and working on a variety of projects across different business areas, the successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to successfully implement and embed change.
The Society has a newly established business change function, and this role will provide the right candidate with a rare opportunity to deliver a range of projects across all parts of the Society. Candidates must have experience within a business change function and be able to provide breadth of knowledge across typical business change roles including supporting business areas in developing project plans and implementing robust testing strategies.
The Society has a focus on improving legacy processes across the business areas, including the digitisation of paper-based processes and the implementation of an improved workflow process. Therefore, experience in process optimisation and continuous improvement techniques would also be beneficial.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Support the production of business cases by eliciting and documenting business requirements.
- Support the governance and planning activities of the Business Change team including report writing.
- Support and facilitate workshops, both in-person and digitally.
- Document existing and ‘to be’ business processes.
- Input into the development of project plans and report on progress against plan.
- Produce relevant analytical documentation to underpin change activity and assist in decision making.
- Support the effective release of changes, including testing strategies and business absorption.
- Assist the Senior Business Analyst and Head of IT & Business Change in implementing a robust and fit for purpose change management process and culture.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates must have experience of analysis and project delivery, including scoping projects and assisting with the production of business cases, project plans, delivery schedules and risk and issue logs. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with good attention to detail for whom delivering work to a high level of quality is important.
Experience in a retail bank or building society, particularly with mortgage processes, is desirable but not essential.
Why should you apply?
Here are just some of the reasons our colleagues are attracted to work for Bath Building Society:
- Central Bath location.
- Competitive salaries and a good work life balance, we don’t expect you to work silly hours.
- At least 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- You will be automatically enrolled into the Society’s pension scheme.
- Insurance and Healthcare benefits after a qualifying period.
- Sharing in Success: Annual bonus scheme based on both the performance of the Society and your individual performance.
For more information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 16th April 2021.